Full time permanent – Auckland or Wellington
Kaupapa-driven communications role
Nau mai, haere mai ki Māia – Aotearoa New Zealand’s home of kaupapa-driven communications.
We empower changemakers of the business world, with expert and inspired communication knowledge, so that they too can be māia.
He aha te kaupapa?
Everything starts with purpose. Māia is a communications studio that is the meeting point between our own personal kaupapa and that of our clients. We exist to help changemakers discover their purpose, craft their story, and then share it with the world.
And we are seeking another changemaker to join our team full time.
So, who are you?
You are ready for a new path and you want your mahi to have impact.
You are an expert communicator, you are driven by purpose and you share our values of:
Māia is bravery, grounded in knowledge. Tangata whenua crossed the Pacific Ocean with māia because they weren’t just brave, they read the stars. And we empower clients with knowledge so they can be brave too. We embrace discomfort. We challenge everything, and help our clients do the same. We can only change the status-quo by asking uncomfortable questions.
We believe in diversity of culture, and diversity of thought. Because there’s strength in difference.
We’re deeply connected to Aotearoa and its people, so “the Māori way”, and the principles of kaupapa Māori, are essential to what we do.
Go with your gut
We believe in energy and following your gut. If we’re getting vibes, they mean something.
We believe everything can be crafted, carved, and chiseled to reveal a richer story, or a stronger purpose. We are masters of our craft and are always learning.
- An innate intelligence. You may not have formal tertiary qualifications in communications but you have a proven track record in communicating with impact
- Strategic thinker with an inherent creativity…you see the big picture, connect dots and solve problems
- Over the past 5+ years you have honed your skills in communications & marketing and developed a reputation as a beautiful storyteller, in English or Te Reo
- Hard worker…..a doer who likes to be busy
- Committed to your own self care
- Knowledge and appreciation of Te Ao Māori and Te Reo preferred
- Leadership skills and an ability to manage effectively
Good to have…..
Experience or quals in marketing, communication, PR, journalism, social media or advertising.
The tasks and responsibilities associated with the role include:
- Manage the workflow and outputs for your team
- Oversee team media analysis, media lists and reports
- Guide team in developing media matrixes, pitches and media releases
- Liaison with clients and media
- Lead strategic brainstorms and workshops
- Writing and reviewing content for owned, earned and paid media – both in-house and for clients
- Creative ideation
- Manage project budgets and timelines and ad booking spreadsheets
- Develop and review client presentations, social media content, updating the company website as well as resources and courses
Ideally you are based in either Tāmaki Makaurau, on the Kāpiti Coast, or Pōneke but applications are accepted from across the motu.
What’s in it for you?
- Work with some of the most innovative and progressive social enterprises in New Zealand – on projects that really make a difference
- Professional development
- Flexible working
- Impact projects
- 4 day Vedic Meditation Course valued at $1,000+
- An audiobooks subscription
- Te Reo Māori training
To apply please send us your CV and a note or a video to [email protected] telling us what your kaupapa is and why you’d like to work with us.
Applications close Sunday 21st August